No regulation on hybrids found in the statutes. However, there was a study mandated and performed addressing the necessity of regulating hybrid dogs and cats. Additional information is needed.
(8) “Feline hobby breeder facility” means any facility that produces or
transfers no more than twenty-four cats per year or breeds no more than
three litters per year.
35-81-101. Legislative declaration. Mandating study regarding necessity of regulating hybrid cats and wolves.
35-81-102. Study of hybrid animals. Conclusion: hybrids are dangerous and need to be regulated.
Hybrids are illegal in the city of Denver:
Sec. 8-2. Keeping wild or dangerous animals prohibited.
(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to own, possess, keep, maintain, harbor, transport or sell within the city [of Denver] any living wild or dangerous animal; provided, however, that the following organizations or entities shall be exempt from this section:
(1) The Denver Zoological Gardens;
(2) Any circus, rodeo or livestock show licensed by the city;
(3) Any research institute approved by the manager of environmental health to harbor, maintain or keep wild or dangerous animals; and
(4) Any wildlife rehabilitator licensed by the Colorado Division of Wildlife who temporarily keeps raptors or wild animals within the city, when the purpose is to return the birds or animals to the wild.
(b) The term wild or dangerous animal, for the purposes of this section, shall mean and include any and all species of the following:
(1) Poisonous reptiles;
(2) Monitor lizards and teglis;
(3) Nonpoisonous snakes with a length greater than six (6) feet;
(5) Poisonous spiders;
(7) All species of nonhuman mammals except:
a. Domestic cat (Felis catus), however, this exception shall not apply to any animal that is the offspring (hybrid cross) of a domestic cat and any other species of cat unless the non-domestic cat ancestor was of the Bengal cat (Felis bengalensis) species and that all ancestors of the cat have lived in captivity for at least the preceding five (5) generations (F4);
Disclaimer: Please check all local, city, county, township, homeowners’ ordinances in your area first before acquiring any hybrid or exotic animals. Hybrids are illegal in the city of Denver.